Monday, August 11, 2008

Annual Merrill Family Lake Trip


We have started a tradition of going boating once a year with Stephen's side of the family. The last couple of years we have gone to Lake Mojave in May. However, this year because of David's wedding in May, we had to wait to go until August. Lake Mojave would have been way too hot, so Kristy and Jeff suggested Lake San Antonio. It is in northern California and more of a mountain lake. Jeff, Kristy, Julie and I camped. While Patti, Dan, Lisa, Jason, Todd, and LynnMarie stayed in a mobile home. It was nice because we were able to cook the meals at the mobile home. Parker, my little water baby had a blast being in the water all day. It was really nice, we put the life jacket on him and he was a free man.
The highlight from the trip was Uncle Jeff completely losing his big toe nail while knee boarding. It was gross! I never realized how much nail is under the skin in the nail bed!

5 comments:

Kurt and Kristy said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time!! I would so love to go on a boat trip once a year! Lucky you!!!

Becky said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I love water skiing and jet skiing...nothin' better! I am so not ready for summer to be over, but ready or not...they start school tomorrow! :(

Tessa and Jeff said...

Sounds like fun!! Hey, we'll be seein ya in about 2 weeks for Carri's wedding. We've decided (me, my mom, Alissa, and JaNae) that we're going to take a road trip and come hang out for a few days (w/ no kids even)!! I'm excited to see ya'll!

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for someone to post lake trip pictures. I need to get mine posted. So does this mean you now have internet?

Carri Collins Weaver said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go to the lake. It has started to rain again here... the weather had better be glorious when I come this weekend! I love the pictures of josie and jacob skiing.