Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kit Kittredge (An American Girl)



Josie, the American Girl Monster, was waiting anxiously for the new American Girl movie to come out. Truth be told I think Grandma Patti was more excited! Grandma Patti is the one that encourages the American Girl paraphernalia. She even got Josie and her doll matching shirts for the movie. Josie and I read all of the American Girl books while we lived in Nebraska. (We love the libraries in Nebraska!) So I was looking forward to the movie, to see how true to the books the movie stayed. I must confess I was a little disappointed in the movie. I don't think if Josie had read the books that she would have understood what was going on. It wasn't really a kids movie, very sad in parts while dealing with the depression issues. Josie claims that she really liked it, and that is all that matters!

No comments: