Friday, December 5, 2008

"I thought this day would never come!"

"I thought this day would never come!" is a direct quote from my sister Carri when we told her the news that we were finally going to have baby #3. I must admit that I have been terrified to make the jump from two to three. I don't like the idea of being outnumbered. However, I was watching my DVD about my grandma's life (who passed away while we lived in Nebraska) and it hit me like a ton of bricks that her life was worth something huge because of the posterity she left behind. I started thinking that I wouldn't have anywhere near the number of grandchildren and great grandchildren unless I did something about it. Stephen and I talked about it on our anniversary trip and here I am two months along and not feeling the greatest, but it will all be worth it!

Several weeks before I was pregnant Stephen prayed for family prayer and in that prayer he asked if we could have a baby sent to our family. The kids kind of ignored his prayer and went on. So we decided to tell the kids we were having a baby through the same method. Stephen said the prayer and simply said "Thank you for the baby that is in mommy's tummy." I opened my eyes and Josie was staring at me with an evil eye and said "Mommy that is not true is it?" I just smiled and said "Yep it is true." She started crying hysterically and screaming "I don't want to be a big sister again, I don't even like Parker." That in turn made me very upset because it wasn't the reaction I was counting on. I started crying and went into the bathroom. It was quite the mess! Finally I figured I had to be the grown up and I went out and talked with her on her bed until 11 that night. I explained to her that she would always be my special girl because she was my first baby. I also told her that my life would not be the same without all of my sisters. Finally by the end of the conversation she said "I guess I am okay with it!" You would think that she would be prepared, I gave her five years between Parker and the new baby!

Parker on the other hand is very excited and has been waiting to be a big brother for a long time.

13 comments:

Krista Dodd said...

Love the Rock Star hair!

Deb said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!

Courtney said...

Congratulations to hear you have joined the bandwagon! Three will be great! With Josie and Parker you'll have great help.

Joni Wiedrich said...

I would have been sad by that reaction too! It will be a fun story to tell though! Congratulations!

Sofia Dowse said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is exciting (and scary). Everything will be great - we are way excited for you!!!

Kristine said...

OH, that is so exciting Lacy! Having 2 older kids around really will make a big difference. Congratulations!

The Justice Family said...

Congratulations! Josie has always worried about being the only girl. Was that the worry? I have to admit I wanted to be only daughter. One of these times Josie will get a girl cousin or sister. Have fun! I am counting down to 12 weeks, I am sick of being sick.

Marisa said...

Hurray!!! Three won't be as bad as you think, especially with the older two in school. I hope you start feeling GREAT, sooner then later.

Becky said...

Wow, congratulations, you guys. Keep em coming!!! The house is so awesome with chaos and noise and ...lots of love. Good job.

Heidi said...

I heard the news the other night at volleyball when Renada asked about you & someone said you were pregnant! Congratulations!

Kurt and Kristy said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you.

Marlyce said...

Congratulations! I guess we are a bit behind the times, but wanted to say congrats. I hope you are feeling well. I can't wait to see baby number 3, the first 2 are so cute. You'll just need to switch into your zone defense now.

Nicole said...

Congratulations!!!!! So excited for you. I am sure that Josie will get excited as the day draws near.